Can I replace this odd switch with 2 toggles??

Started by nate77, August 05, 2014, 07:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nate77

I picked up this pcb from pedalpartsuk.com which seems to be a pretty solid place, and even though I'd made this particular circuit on vero before I decided to pick one up despite my support for the creator of this circuit. My curiosity got the best of me I guess. So I'm wondering if I can replace the double slide switch on the layout with a pair of individual toggles. On-off's or on-on's. I've only got on-on switches right now but think I can use a pair of those instead just wiring the outer lugs of each to the input/output signal pads. Am I way off the mark here?

PRR

> this pcb from pedalpartsuk.com
> I'd made this particular circuit on vero
> my support for the creator of this circuit.

WHAT circuit/PCB ? ?
  • SUPPORTER

nate77

I can't disagree with that. In a moment of weakness and curiosity while picking up a couple other boards I stumbled onto this and didn't realize what it what until a checked it out when I got it. I've also done a vero version of this an love it, as well as own an original. However, now that I've got it, I'm building it. I figured it out anyway. Kind of a dumb question on my part. Thanks

nate77

Sorry man, misread your post. When I posted that I posted (tried to anyway). http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Candyman_Overdrive/p847124_11614726.aspx. Hopefully it sticks this time.

Beo

You can use any kind of toggle if you want, instead of dipswitches. It's just switching in and out diodes in the feedback path.

I'm a little sad that someone out there is selling PCBs for this circuit. It's easy enough to perf or diy pcb if you want a timmy of your own without the wait, but offering PCBs makes it a little too easy. Paul is one designer / seller that gets my full respect, and he doesn't charge much.

nate77

I agree. It's an easy circuit to make if you like to make one for yourself. It was inevitable, I just didn't think I'd be unwittingly grabbing one myself. I didn't realize anyone had done this yet until I took a look through the pcb, then dug up the schem.