Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby rev.g True Bypass Wiring

Started by soupbone, August 08, 2014, 02:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soupbone

I've got a Dunlop Crybaby rev.g version.I've been using stinkfoot's true bypass wiring.I was looking at wah-wah.uk's true bypass wiring diagram; www.wah-wah.co.uk/effects/tb4b.png  On Stuart's diagram,he has the black wire coming from the 3rd pin from the left then to the connector pin,going to the CCW of the pot.On his diagram,he has an "added" black wire from the CCW pin on the pot,going to the switch.I have a hard time with soldering the Dunlop hot potz 3 pins.I followed the trace going to the black wire of the connector pin,then to the pot.It's connected to the "tip" of the input jack.So,can I solder the extra black wire to the tip since it's going to the same place,instead of adding it from the pot.Would this work?Sorry for the long post!   :icon_redface:

soupbone

italianguy63

I don't have the schematic here in front of me.  But, I solder the extra black wire to the back of the PCB where the power jack lug connects.  If you trace it, you will probably find it will go back to one of the pins.  I thought it was one on the end.  But, yeah it should work.  MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

soupbone

Quote from: italianguy63 on August 08, 2014, 07:26:05 AM
I don't have the schematic here in front of me.  But, I solder the extra black wire to the back of the PCB where the power jack lug connects.  If you trace it, you will probably find it will go back to one of the pins.  I thought it was one on the end.  But, yeah it should work.  MC
Allright!Thanks!

soupbone

Quote from: italianguy63 on August 08, 2014, 07:26:05 AM
It worked! :icon_mrgreen:

italianguy63

I always grab the ground and the +9V straight off the PCB at the jack.  It is easy to add a wire to the big solder connections there.  MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad