Big Muff Pi reissue analysis help

Started by MrBinns, August 08, 2014, 07:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBinns

Hi guys. I recently I moved all of my components to a new breadboard. but now my BM does really distort like it use to. I measured the voltages from here(http://www.electrosmash.com/big-muff-pi-analysis). I am getting ~4v at the  black diamond not 7v.
any tips to check my circuit?
all of the component seem to be in the right orientation.
Could a blown diode or transistor or capacitor still be able send a signal to the output jack?
Can someone audio probe the second set of diodes on each side and tell me if the sound the same? The first set of diodes sounds the same but not the second.

Edit before post: Thanks guys for all your help. I read in another post to check out the debugging section and in there the said to use and audio probe. Doing so I found a cold solder joint between the two diodes on the second clipping stage. It works now !!!! yeah thanks again :icon_biggrin:

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'