BLMS Stellar business practices!

Started by armdnrdy, August 14, 2014, 04:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armdnrdy

Often over the years I have read posts where suppliers have made mistakes resulting in forum members venting their frustrations.

This post is a little different.

I would like to "report" how a supplier made a mistake...and then quickly rectified the problem and displayed generosity to make the customer happy.

Last week I ordered a 1790NS/1590XX enclosure and a few other items from Bitches Love My Switches.
The order arrived today with the wrong enclosure. A larger 1590DD enclosure was shipped by mistake.

I contacted Lawrence, explained the problem, and asked what we can do to get the correct enclosure shipped out to me.
Within 30 minutes of my email, I received a order tracking email for the 1790NS/1590XX enclosure, and an email stating,           
"Sorry about that. Shipping replacement today. Keep the 1590DD as my way of saying sorry."

So to recap, Lawrence shipped the correct enclosure at his cost and told me to keep the larger enclosure he shipped by mistake.
I did not expect this! I was fully prepared to send the 1590DD enclosure back to him.

I have encountered suppliers that have shipped wrong/missing components, and when contacted..their action was to credit my account.
A credit in my account does not help me when I need parts to complete a build!

I am very impressed with the way that Lawrence handled this issue...and will continue to do business with him in the future!
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

bcalla

Ditto.  He once shipped me open stereo jacks (which I had lots of) instead of closed stereo jacks (which I had none of).  I notified him of the error by e-mail and he shipped the correct items the same day.  I offered to send back the open jacks, but he wouldn't let me.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer."
       -- Mark Twain

petey twofinger

ordered a few times from them , every time i was really impressed by the service , pricing, and the stuff too  .

plus they actually contacted me when an out of stock item became available , which was not very long at all . that rarely happens for me so ...

my new go to supplier , hoping they expand their inventory as well .

hats off blms  , i have been putting your stickers all over the place .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

armdnrdy

Quote from: petey twofinger on August 14, 2014, 06:40:58 PM
they actually contacted me when an out of stock item became available

Same here. +1
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

jimilee

He did me right on a wonky stomp that came.  He really is a standup guy

glops

Dude is a great seller. Always ships the same day I order.

I usually buy the jacks and enclosures from him. Toggles, too. I didn't like the stomps and DC jacks as much, but that was awhile back. Will try again soon.

I usually order from him, Small Bear, Pedal Parts Plus, and Mouser. My faves.

eyeprod

Lawrence, took care of me promptly when my first order was lost in transit. Highly recommended!

glops