BYOC Large Beaver isn't Working

Started by fuzzyhead, August 21, 2014, 11:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzyhead

I built a large beaver to triangle specs. I get signal when it is in bypass, but when I turn it on there nothing but hiss. The LED comes on but there's no sound. I've double check everything and it looks to be right. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? Thanks in advance guys!

fuzzyhead

duck_arse

visit the debugging page, see what there applies to your case.

then, seeing as you have yr meter out, check the continuity from the input jack to the board, and from the output jack to the board, both when bypassed and not-bypassed.
don't make me draw another line.

fuzzyhead

italianguy63

It's true!  I called my X-wife and her Large Beaver has quit working.  So have your links.

:icon_biggrin:

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

duck_arse

link to a circuit diagram? whats's the rotary switching? do you know how to set the stop-washer on those?
don't make me draw another line.

R.G.

We know that BYOC has good, fast support for their products. What do they say to look at?
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

fuzzyhead

There is continuity from the board to jacks. I can get signal when it's in bypass but when I turn it on all there is, is hiss

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

fuzzyhead

I just noticed that the A100K and B100K pot were on the wrong sides of the circuit board.. Would that be causing my problem?

fuzzyhead

I found the problem! There was a bad solder connection on the 3rd lug of the pot for sustain. The very slightest pull on the wire and it came free. Thanks guys for your input and help!