TDA2050 could work as a guitar amp?

Started by Crontox102098, August 25, 2014, 10:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bool

Yup. What he said.

But one single most important advantage is that you can use the cheap pre-built rectifier bridges.

A B80C5000/3300 will do you good.

But that's not all. You can use that same bridge for a trafo without a center tap.

Just use a single "~" input. Or use both "~" inputs parallelled for more oomph.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, take baby steps, one step at a time, you'll get there in no time ... it's easy and fun to watch the silicon smoke!

Crontox102098

That helped me a lot... Really... I want to built it without the center tap because buy a transformator without center tap its three times more cheap...
I'm Carlos.

I speak spanish, just in case you do not understand what I say.

Seljer

Quote from: Crontox102098 on August 31, 2014, 11:52:50 PM
That helped me a lot... Really... I want to built it without the center tap because buy a transformator without center tap its three times more cheap...

The transformer may not be be directly advertised as having a center tap but as having two secondary windings, which you can then wire together in whatever arrangement you desire.

bool

With a rectifier bridge (a cheap and usually quite reliable part), you are perfectly in position to build it _now_ with a regular (cheap, single secondary) transformer, and also "future-proofed" - if anytime in future you desire to "step up" to a full, full-wave power supply with a center-tapped transformer.

Not only that, you could reuse that same "standard" 9V 30W (VA) trafo to build a "serious" PSU for your stombpox effects when/if you decide to upgrade to a center-tap.

Hey, I've been where you are now ... only 30-some years before (how time flies).

Just get some bridges that are built to handle 5A (or more) and 80Volts and you are all set.