Moosopotamus SAD1024 flanger clone pulldown resistor question

Started by bobster, September 01, 2014, 04:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobster

hi guys,
i got an ADA flanger clone off e nay with the moosopotamus board and it has the sad1024a.
i love it but theres a hell of a pop through the amp when i switch it on.
i have cleaned all pots and switches to no avail , can anyone tell me where ii can put a 1 or 2 meg pulldown to alleviate this ?
the pedla has a super bright led and the on off switch has 9 poles , the pedal is true bypass.

would i place the resistor on the switch leg which has the wire going to input on the board and take the other end to a nearby ground?

thanks !
bob

mth5044

For future threads, post a schematic of your circuit.

http://moosapotamus.net/files/ADA-MN3007-rev5-Jan2010-Documentation-rev20120225.pdf

There is an output pull down already, you can try adding another next to C1 from signal to ground.

bobster

thanks matt i figured there should be as its a comprehensive looking circuit.
i may need to sub in another switch or check all the patch cables in my pedal board as im getting intermittent weirdness elsewhere whether the flanger is linked in or not...e.g. drops in level and oscillation from my small stone directly after it when i switch on the colour slider even when the phaser is off..
cheers
bob

Govmnt_Lacky

Shot in the dark but...

Are you using a positive ground pedal somewhere in the chain? a PNP Fuzz or the likes?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

bobster

hi ,
no pos ground pedals only a rangemaster which has battery........
ive got 12 pedals stuffed into a coobled up board with a variety of patch cables getting squeezed in all directions so im gonna check all the leads [ mostly home made/soldered ] plus ive got a neg ground treb and bass booster home build [ not by me ] which sometimes hisses and hums then cuts signal then it comes back in...all this other crap seems to be affecting the other pedals so time for a look see and a spray methinks!

the board has worked fine for 2 years so i hope its not something to do with the flanger which is a new addition as when it works it sounds fantasttic

bobster

found a very flimsy hot connection in one of the patch leads / a bit rusty and frayed so redid that and things seem more stable in terms of no signal losses intermittent wierdness now ;)

still a hefty clank off the flanger 3pdt switch though so will get a replacement as its been well used
cheers
b