Soldering Iron?

Started by soupbone, September 05, 2014, 06:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soupbone

I've got a Velleman Soldering Iron,with the one knob temperature control.I try to keep it to where it starts to melt the solder,and turn it up barely.I carry a toolbox with my tools,strings,pics etc.I can't really take my Velleman with me,so what would be a descent soldering iron with a set temperature?A 30 watt iron maybe?

GibsonGM

20 to 25W would be right in the 'median' spot for you, soup.  I think 30W is a little too hot for most things.   25W seems to be the most common hardware store variety that I see...it's what I do everything with...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

soupbone

Quote from: GibsonGM on September 05, 2014, 08:18:59 AM
20 to 25W would be right in the 'median' spot for you, soup.  I think 30W is a little too hot for most things.   25W seems to be the most common hardware store variety that I see...it's what I do everything with...
Cool!Does Weller make a 25 watt iron?

therecordingart

soupbone