Help needed to fix my Holy Grail :(

Started by chrishomfray, September 05, 2014, 04:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrishomfray

Hi all,

PSU popped on my EHX Holy Grail so decided to mod it to a 2.1mm pin to utilise my pedalboard PSU. Whilst drilling the hole larger to fit new socket the drill caught and ragged the PCB up :(

I am fairly lucky that it has only ruined one cap (I've jumpered it and get a working reverb, but it sounds a little short with the knob on full), but I cant find any schematics of it anywhere to see what value it is.

It is C31 on the NYC model EC-0060 rev. C.

By any chance can somone please help? I have a gig tomorrow and would love to have this fixed by then.

I heard of a magic RAR file with loads of EHX schematics on but can't find it anywhere...possibly pulled due to copyright issues...?

Hope somone can help.

Cheers,

Chris.

Govmnt_Lacky

Was it a ceramic cap or was it a silver electrolytic?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

chrishomfray

Hi,

No idea, it's almost microscopic on the PCB, like this...

...mine is a slightly different layout to this but has the same type of components.

Any ideas dude?

Scruffie

chrishomfray

Awesome thanks!

Don't mean to sound untrusting but how did you get to that info...?

Cheers,

Chris.

chrishomfray

Also, any idea what it is best to replace it with?

Electrolytic, Ceramic, Film...? Is it power or signal, if power any idea of polarity?

(I don't think it is power as I think that's all up at the top end, but worth checking I spose).

C.

Scruffie

Factory schematic, it's actually the output cap so, film should do ya.

chrishomfray

chrishomfray

Just to report back, I only had a 0.22uF Tant in my box so thought I'd give that a whirl.

Was a very fiddly job as the contacts are so darn small, but it works ok now.

Thanks a lot for your help buddy!

C.