I want to create a switch that can separate the input signal from effect.

Started by acehobojoe, September 06, 2014, 10:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acehobojoe

Making a delay, thought it would be cool to switch out the dry signal so that it is essentially bypassed, yet the effect is still on. There can't be any popping though, because that would mess up the delay. Then of course after I get it switched, how  am I going to have it mix back in with the signal? Maybe a 100k? And maybe the input switcher should have some pull down resistors, any thoughts?

armdnrdy

Depending on the delay circuit...you should have a mix, or blend control. You will have to bypass this control to emulate when it is in the full wet position.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

ashcat_lt

Pretty sure you just need to switch the input signal where it meets the feedback going into the delay section itself so that it either goes like normal or "skips around" to the where the mix knob happens.  Might want a buffer along the way somewhere.  The best way to make sure that you don't get pops is to "switch slowly" - usually using JFETs.  There's been quite a bit of discussion of things around here, and I'm pretty sure there are whole articles at RG's site. 

This really would be easier with a schematic...

acehobojoe

ashcat_lt

Nope, I don't think that works.

I'm pretty sure you could put a largish pull down resistor to ground after C19, then switch that end of R14 between where it is now and ground and get what you want.  The input will stop going to the delay, but the feedback still gets around to keep the repeats going, and the dry signal still goes through the wet/dry knob, so it's mixed in with the tails.

samhay

Isn't that what the DRYWET pot is supposed to do?

As an aside, that is not the most clearly laid out schematic I have come across. Does it work as drawn?
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

acehobojoe

It was my first schematic, still got to test it. Yea .. I'm a newb.

Ok, ash, I will run some tests with what you suggested, that sounds like it will work. Thank you.