OMG!! Got to share this - Veroboarded Blackstar HT ..amazing

Started by mykaitch, September 06, 2014, 11:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykaitch

Tried my guitar on it for first time today. Amazing. I don't understand where the reverb is comming from as the amp I used has none but with this box ... oh boy oh boy !!! Yeah, it works. As I've never heard the real one I have no idea if my version is right ... and I care not one whit. :icon_biggrin:

IT WORKS!!!
Pics and schematic very soon. It was created from an online pic of an HT-Dual. I just built channel 1 (for space reasons).
Tone control bit binned and I used a Bandaxall circuit in there. Valve lit with a red led stuffed into the valve base and fed off the heaters.
True bypass ie bypass works with no power. When you play through the box a blue led near the valve makes the valve window flash blue with the music. :D I learned a long time ago that everything must have a blue led. Size wise it is 5.5" X 3.5" X 2".
It only draws around 100mA from a 22v AC brick. Dunno why BS quote 1.1A. The only bit that gets hot is the heater resistor. My valve only runs on 6v so I had to change the value.
Negative: a bit  of noise (until you hit a string), and a tiny bit of hum. I'll try it on my all valve amp and see.
It makes learning a lot more fun!!! :icon_razz:

Next project is to string a whole load of delay ICs together for a real long echo.

J0K3RX

Hmmm.... Unveil this you Must! Patients I have not..

Interested I am...

Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

JebemMajke

FiveseveN

Quote from: mykaitch on September 06, 2014, 11:58:35 AM
It only draws around 100mA from a 22v AC brick. Dunno why BS quote 1.1A.
22 V * 0.1 A = 2.2 W. One 12AX7 needs 12.6 * 0.15 = 1.89 W just for the heaters, and little else for the rest of the circuit, so it looks about right. I'm guessing the 1.1 A figure is for a different voltage.
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?