Signal Generator

Started by italianguy63, September 08, 2014, 07:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangepit

Oh. I glanced over the data sheet of the chip and saw a lot of interesting features. I never thought about how your board might be tailored around the set of features you needed.
What I posted is just my pcb design. The circuit was designed by someone else entirely and he sells pcbs for it at overly high prices.

EATyourGuitar

yeah same here I found an overpriced kit and traced it from photos and google schematics. you can do sweep on the XR2206 but you need a ramp lfo from somewhere. google ICL8038 sweep function generator. there is one with a TL072 ramp LFO driving it. the main difference between xr2206 and icl8038 is in the sine shaper. xr2206 can be setup with trimmers to get a better SINE (no THD) if you have the equipment and knowledge to calibrate it properly. ICL8038 uses diode break points like shaping the sin out of smaller line segments. it is a very good sin with no trimmers but it can not do better than a calibrated xr2206.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

orangepit

Nice. I was looking into pic based signal generators at first, but looking at distortion figures, I went to analog. I never did think to look into specialized IC's.