please help me debugg this red llama clone...first debugg!

Started by themosscollector, September 09, 2014, 03:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

Quotejust pulled the 100pf cap and it measured .012nf (close?)

.012nF is only 12pF. 100pF would be 0.1nF. do you have any other caps you can try in there? the value is not so important, go up to 470pF just for test.

you could, if you were really desperate for something to try and out of other ideas, hack in one of the other inverters, seeing as you have 4 unused. use different resistors and caps, string wires between points, watch those links, it'll be a mess, but might work.
don't make me draw another line.

themosscollector

my mistake....just remeasured the 100pf cap and it was .14nf. i decided to put a different one in(220pf) just for the hell of it but still getting the same results......

duck_arse

we are onto page two now, maybe time for fresh voltage measures. describe the problem as it now stands again, please?

themosscollector

sooo....i ended up rebuilding this using a different layout/schematic.  it worked first time firing it up. I really wish i could have worked through the troubleshooting but i had to ship this one out to a friend asap. here it is boxed up...red llama into pharaoh fuzz. Sounds insane!

thanks for the replies. i appreciate it!

thelonious

Glad this one worked!

I really like the way you labeled the switches in a way that didn't interfere with the gfx.

duck_arse

that really is a something, moss. rustic.

you know, with all the left over inverters in the llama, you can make a cmos bigg muff hack pi. all with one chip. I can't say it'll be the sound, but it is doable.

just don't quote me.