tonepad rebote 3 debug

Started by peterg, September 09, 2014, 04:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterg

I have built a Tonepad Rebote 3 Delay using a layout I created.

http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=74

The only change I made to the circuit was to add a 1N4001 diode from 9v to ground and to add a resistor for the LED. There is the normal guitar signal in bypass and when the circuit is engaged but the pots have no effect. I am using a Boss adapter which gives a reading of 9.4v when not connected to the pedal. When connected the reading is 8.8. The other currents' readings are lower than they should be as well. What should be 5v is 4.7 and what should be 4.5v is 4.4 (going by memory). On a previous built I had voltage issues along with the pots not working. Solving the voltage issue resolved the pot issue so I'm exploring the voltage issue first.

I know this is pretty vague information and I will post more if needed but I'm wondering if there is anything obvious going on here. Is the 1N4001 leaking some current to ground and/or is the LM7805 voltage regulator causing this issue? Or could it be something else completely different?

peterg

Below are voltage readings. When I use a signal probe there is some delay type sounds at the 2399s but only straight signal at output. Any comments would be be appreciated

mth5044

Q1, 2 and 3 should all have the same voltages. Perhaps it's backwards or you wrote it incorrectly?

peterg

Thanks Matt. I wrote Q2 down reversed.