Micro Walker - 3W Amplifier

Started by Crontox102098, September 10, 2014, 04:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crontox102098

Hi guys, i'm gonna show you a little amp (of all those that i've been designing and breadboarding lot of time ago...)  :icon_rolleyes:

Here is the schematic:

*Sound to Light is optional

This is the curve that supposed to be is my guide to know how much can give this little amp:

I'm gonna test it tomorrow in the breadboard and record some clips with a cheap full rage dynamic mic and with a 12" Celestion G12M and with some cheap 2.5" 1W speaker.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!  :icon_mrgreen:
I'm Carlos.

I speak spanish, just in case you do not understand what I say.

samhay

You need to bias IC1B to half supply at R2 - perhaps this is you intended use of IC1A, but as drawn, this makes verly little sense.

The input impedance of an LM386 is quite low, so it will load down you guitar quite a bit. I don't think you have enough headroom to light 4 LEDs in series with it either.

You are going to drop a lot of voltage across R10 if your bridged power amps try to suck 3A.
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

Crontox102098

New version... using the same TDA2822M power amplifier, and with less components.
Now it can works with batteries, with two 1.5 AA batteries in series (+3V) delivering 0.5W and 3W with +9V :icon_mrgreen:

Here is the schematic:

I tried it and it sounds wonderfully clean.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers!  :icon_mrgreen:
I'm Carlos.

I speak spanish, just in case you do not understand what I say.

Ben N

LED clippers as a limiter, so you don't saturate the power amp.
  • SUPPORTER

edy_wheazel

You can use the second Op-Amp for a hi-gain channel.

Ben N

BTW, 3W off of a 9v battery does not sound like a winning proposition. OTOH, there are other ways to get 9v.
  • SUPPORTER