Daisy chain and power filtering question. Dano mini pedal + Wah

Started by aab0mb, September 18, 2014, 08:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aab0mb

edit: mods can you move this to the normal board?

I recently had my modded wah and some other pedal on a little power supply with common ground outputs. i.e. non isolated ala daisy chain style.

The issue i experienced was that when i have only the guitar>wah>amp plugged in, if i power up my danelectro chicken salad I get some strange power noise interference. I can faintly hear the LFO in the vibrato pedal (which is NOT patched in the signal line it's just sitting off to the side with no cables attached, only common power source) as well as a large power hum coming through the wah when it's on.  

I have a 100ohm resistor and a 100uf cap on the power jack of the wah for power filtering. Should i try to beef these number up?

I've also thought about adding those 100ohm/100uf combos to the guts of my non isolated power box.  Would this help any power noise bleed issues?  

I'm inclined to think it has something to do with the ldr/lamp combo that runs constantly in the chicken salad vibrato pedal and if that pedal has decent power filtering at all.

I had no issue with a few other pedal on the same power supply with the wah.  So i've isolated this issue down to an interaction with the two pedals mentioned.

My last concern is that I'd like to rehouse the vibrato to a new box but if i can't have it powered up with my other stuff it's a bit pointless...

I'm aware of the interaction of digital pedals and the need for isolated outputs. However, this is just a little home bedroom rig at the moment.  

Thanks for any advice, guys!  :)

duck_arse

try splicing in the same type R//C to the dano power input. maybe try bigger C on both.
don't make me draw another line.