3 holes on PCB for capacitor?

Started by Oil_slick9416, September 19, 2014, 11:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oil_slick9416

Hello all, new member here.

I have a PCB from GGG, the red llama, and I sourced the parts from Tayda but i am perplexed by the PCB board that has 3 holes for 2 capacitors. I only have capacitors with 2 leads (ceramic for these particular ) is it possible to solder the 2 lead capacitor in the spot with 3 holes? is one a dummy to ground? or something? I am sorry if i didnt describe it well, I am currently away from it. any help would be appreciated.

thank you

clubrulz

Just have a look at the instruction manual. Has a photo of the board populated. You can see where the capacitors are supposed to go and which holes to use.
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_whrl_instruct.pdf

Mustachio

C2 and C5 , the lower holes are connected this is just to compensate on different lead spaced capacitors . Don't worry you have the right caps.
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

greaser_au

are you talking about C2 & C5?  those are designed to take 2 different sizes of parts (caters for  a 0.1" and a 0.2"   - 2.5mm and 5mm - component) .

You will note that in both cases, the two lower pads of the 3 are connected together.  You want to install the capacitor between (looking at page 1 of the layout document) the top pad and one of the 2 bottom pads.

hope this helps
david