Need help modding a 2 channel OD to 1 channel...

Started by Caboverde, September 19, 2014, 04:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caboverde

Hi guys! This is my first post here ;D

I would like to build my favorite OD at the moment, however, I'd like to modify it so that I would only be using the 1st channel.
I'm not sure how else to put this, but does my mod look correct?

Here is the original:

And this is what I think I'm supposed to do:
1. I would remove the 270 resistor from the main PCB
2. Connect S1 pin 4 to a 1M resistor to ground and to Input 1.
3. Connect the top strip from mini PCB, that would normally go to bi-color LED, to a 1k resistor and then ground.

I would really appreciate any comments and help to this endeavor.
Thanks to all in advance!

Quackzed

the single channel vs 2 channel part looks good. the bypass switch looks ok, i THink the filter part is ok, but is that 1k going from 9v to ground? or is that for a led light? or something else... thats the only bit i'm not sure about, otherwise it all looks good to me!
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

duck_arse

it is always much easier for us, and better for you, if you start your mod thinkings with the circuit diagram, not a vero layout, not a perf layout and not a pcb layout. it is the circuit that dictates the layout, not the other way round. post yr circuit diagrams, with your thinkings scribbled on!

and welcome to the forum.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Caboverde

Thanks for replies guys! The 1k resistor is indeed for the LED...I realize now that it is pointless to include it; which brings me to the next post: I can't include a schematic! :(  I haven't done enough studying on circuits yet to do this. I merely found this vero that JohnK had posted a while back and figured I could build it since it looked simple enough and I know how to solder.

Thanks again guys, and sorry if I should have waited until understanding more about circuits before posting this!

duck_arse

no no no, caboverde, no apologise. get yerself a pencil and some paper, intersearch the datasheet for the 4049-ube IC, and draw out the circuit for all of us. that way you get to learn how simple it is, and we can help with any part you don't unnerstand.

Caboverde

Got it! OK, I'll give it a shot and check back in.

duck_arse

gaze upon this circuit, it is very similar to what you are working on, and the kinda diagram you are working towards.

greedtone

This is Greg from Greedtone.  If you need help hit me up.  My Classic is one channel with tone knob.  The OD can be modded easy to be a classic.

Caboverde

Whaaaat?! Greedy himself! Emailing you now, thanks :)