Problem with Veroboard Zombie chorus

Started by alfonso_bundis, September 24, 2014, 11:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfonso_bundis

Hi everyone,

I just finished building the vib mod version of the Zombie chorus following this layout.

Overall it is working fine.
When I test the effect with my bass, an Ibanez active bass, everything works fine. However, when I used it my guitar, a Cort
stratocaster look-alike, i get ticking even if the effect is bypassed. I used the following wiring scheme for the 3PDT foot-switch:

http://www.singlecoil.com/tb-strip/dia1.html

Is there anything I could try to solve this issue?

P.S. I made the ground connection of the jacks and the foot-switch from the board instead of from the DC jack, could this have an effect on the ticking?
thanks a lot.

bool

I think what you have is a negative-rail into ground bleed caused with improper grounding, which  shows up with (I assume high-impedance passive guitar) but your active bass with its low output impedance somehow surpresses this bleed.

So good luck with sorting your wiring and getting this to work properly.

anotherjim

Have you used screened cable for audio connections on the footswitch? That will help. The LED wiring will be carrying any noise on the power supply into the area around the switch.
Do you have it in a metal case? It should clean up considerably with the footswitch and all controls and (at least) the output socket firmly fixed to the case.

alfonso_bundis

Thanks a lot for your answers,
The effect was in a metal case when i detected the problem.  will try to change the audio connections for the screened cable