Headphone amp balance

Started by juan_felt, October 02, 2014, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juan_felt

Hi! I built this headphone amp: http://www.redcircuits.com/Page119.htm and I'm very satisfied with it. I want to add a sort of balance control that will allow Me to blend how much amount of right and left channel I hear in mono. I tried adding a pot before the volume pot, where lugs 1 and 3 are the left and right inputs, and the 2 one is the output. The problem is that when I use it in the center position the volume is lower than the one in the extremes.

If anyone knows what to do or how to fix it I will really appreciate it. Thanks!  

mth5044

Instead of a dual gang pot, you could use two individual pots and set each level to how you want. Alternatively you could leave the dual gang pot and replace R4 and 6 with potentiometers to alter the gain of both opamp stages. How are you summing the two circuits to make it mono as the schematic is in stereo?

juan_felt

Quote from: mth5044 on October 02, 2014, 04:15:53 PM
Instead of a dual gang pot, you could use two individual pots and set each level to how you want. Alternatively you could leave the dual gang pot and replace R4 and 6 with potentiometers to alter the gain of both opamp stages. How are you summing the two circuits to make it mono as the schematic is in stereo?
Hi! Thanks for your reply. The circuit stays in stereo, my idea is to "blend" both input signals into two of the same and then feed them to the amplifier. I thought about the two volumes, but I'd like to keep one volume and try to add the balance pot (if possible).

Thanks!

GGBB

Replace R4 and R6 with a 100k balance pot.  Replace R2 and R3 with 100k.  Replace C3 and C7 with 15pF.
  • SUPPORTER