Mu-Tron Phasor Potentiometer and Depth Switch

Started by RedRabbit, October 02, 2014, 04:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRabbit

Hey folks,
Just picked up a Mu-Tron Phasor (not a II) for a steal that has both the rate pot and the depth switch broken.
Thankfully it still phases and sounds great but I can't change the depth function. I don't even know where it's set now...
The rate pot snapped at shaft but it still rotates.

Now I'm trying to find replacement parts and I cannot read the schematic to save my life.

http://www.beavisaudio.com/img09/MutronPhasorFactorySchematic.jpg

Could someone please tell me what P1 is? Is that 25K log? or 10k log?

Also, has anyone fixed one of these things recently with a new rotary 3-way switch? I'm assuming anything generic should work fine?

Thanks!

armdnrdy

As far as the Depth switch goes...you have a couple of options.

You can use a 2 pole, 3 position rotary switch (2P3T) and use only half of the switch.
Use a 1 pole, 12 position rotary switch (1P12T) which has a "selector" washer and set it to 1 pole, 3 position.

The Rate pot looks like a 25KA. (Log)

The schematic is not very clear but...if you review the Phasor II schematic...you'll find that the LFO is very close and the Phasor II used a 25KA.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Blitz Krieg

armdnrdy

You can also measure the two outside lugs of the rate pot with a meter.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

RedRabbit

I've already replaced the depth switch with a rotary switch I had left over from another project. Now all the settings are back. The previous owner just bypassed the switch.

As for the pot, it's only marked "0403, 1377532".