Modding a Crybaby

Started by closetmonster., October 03, 2014, 04:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

closetmonster.

Hey guys,

I managed to pick up a free Crybaby last week, and I already have a wah so I was looking for something fun to do with it.

One of the better ideas that I came up with (other than the mods floating around on the web) is to add an LDR based circuit into the wah as well, and run the two circuits in parallel for sort of a super-wah.

Before I start the real planning on the project, I was wondering if anyone had tried it and if there are any foreseeable problems right off the bat.

Thanks,
Nick.

joegagan

i like two in series. here is a setup i did a few years back - one has a VERY deep sweep cap (.2!!!)

i think the one with the deeper sweep cap was 2nd in line.

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

UKToecutter

Quote from: closetmonster. on October 03, 2014, 04:03:48 PM
Hey guys,

I managed to pick up a free Crybaby last week, and I already have a wah so I was looking for something fun to do with it.

One of the better ideas that I came up with (other than the mods floating around on the web) is to add an LDR based circuit into the wah as well, and run the two circuits in parallel for sort of a super-wah.

Before I start the real planning on the project, I was wondering if anyone had tried it and if there are any foreseeable problems right off the bat.

Thanks,
Nick.

You might want to hold on to that Crybaby shell for a little while.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=108623.0
ShumannPLL BOM
Reserve Boards

closetmonster.

Quote from: UKToecutter on October 03, 2014, 05:52:05 PM
Quote from: closetmonster. on October 03, 2014, 04:03:48 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Nick.

You might want to hold on to that Crybaby shell for a little while.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=108623.0

Hahah, I saw that as well.

Unfortunately a project like that is a bit out of my depth.