$350 to someone who will create some fv-1 programs for me.

Started by bradholland, October 04, 2014, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradholland

hey guys,

I dont have the time to start learning to program the dsp on the fv-1 chip.
I'm looking for a set of programs to be created for me, I need them to be stereo, as they are going into a drum machine..

Anyone interested in taking on the job?
I know most of these algorithms are already available, some are not though, I think.

as I said, I have $350 in my kitty to the person who will make this a reality for me.

Here's what I'm after.

0:HallReverb
1:Gated Reverb
2:HP/LP Filter (with cutoff, resonance on pots)
3:Chorus (with speed, depth params on pots)
4:Flanger (with speed, depth params on pots)
5:Delay (with delay time, feedback params on pots)
6:Bit Crusher (with bit depth (or equiv) and depth params on pots)
7:Phaser (with speed, depth params on pots)

Ice-9

ALL those programs are available FREE. Or how about trying out Digital Larrys' Spincad  program builder for FV-1. It is easy to use and will do everything you want in minutes.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

bradholland

thanks for the reply Ice-9
I havent seen the LP/HP Filters or the Bitcrusher effect available anywhere
Also not sure that the SpinCad has all the blocks needed to make those effects.

cheers
Brad

Ice-9

Just go to the spin forum and type bitcrusher into the search and you will find a bitcrusher. the other stuff is just as easy to find.  :icon_wink:
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Digital Larry

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ice-9, though as of now I'd have to agree with Brad, that SpinCAD doesn't support ALL of those features.  This week I'm looking at reverbs and also it kinda looks like the simulation of WRHX and WRLX isn't quite spot-on.  There's a new adventure every week!  I just wish I had someone other than myself to do the coding... I'm great at ideas... a bit slower in making them happen.   :)
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer

Mbas974

Lerry,
What exactly you mena with  "WRHX and WRLX isn't quite spot-on" ?
Which program are you referring ?
..I'm learning, just at beginning now I need some help but I hope to help the community very soon.
Thanks in advance.

x Brad, you can take Ice9 pcb project and load on the eeprom with the program you want.

Digital Larry

I wrote this program called "SpinCAD Designer" which lets you create FV-1 programs by connecting little functional blocks together instead of writing DSP code.  I built it on top of an FV-1 simulator written by a guy named Andrew Kilpatrick.  Every now and then I find that some aspect of his work isn't 100% perfect.  This is not to fault Andrew in any way, he put so much effort into his work and I'm taking advantage of it.  I really admire the guy and appreciate his work. 

However, I'm starting to look at some filter algorithms that use the WRHX and WRLX instructions and I'm a bit confused about what is going on.

The answer will likely be one of the following:

1) I'm simply confused, and once I figure it out, everything will be fine
2) There's something wrong with the simulation of one or both of these instructions and then I'll try to figure out how to fix them.

WRHX and WRLX are the only FV-1 instructions that use the "previous contents of the accumulator".
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer