EH Riddle Q Balls - for smoothest sweep!!

Started by StephenGiles, October 11, 2014, 07:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIAV_Tl5PPY

I just found this excellent demo which makes me wonder what circuitry lies under the hood! The sweep has the smoothness of an upmarket synthesiser, so how has EH achieved this? :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

I'd wager a hatful of SAD 1024s against all of the songs you can sing, that the sweep generator is a triggered version of the one from the Space Drum!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Scruffie

I will take that action, you're on Stephen  ;)

nocentelli

Quote from: StephenGiles on October 11, 2014, 07:12:38 AM

I'd wager a hatful of SAD 1024s against all of the songs you can sing, that the sweep generator is a triggered version of the one from the Space Drum!

Is that the theoretical design you've been musing about for several years now? The one whereby the filter sweep is envelope triggered, but the actual frequency sweep is determined by start and stop pots and not the actual decay of the triggering note? Get a move on and post up a working DIY version, please! It sounds superb.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

StephenGiles

Quote from: nocentelli on October 11, 2014, 08:40:18 AM
Quote from: StephenGiles on October 11, 2014, 07:12:38 AM

Is that the theoretical design you've been musing about for several years now? The one whereby the filter sweep is envelope triggered, but the actual frequency sweep is determined by start and stop pots and not the actual decay of the triggering note? Get a move on and post up a working DIY version, please! It sounds superb.

Yes it is - more than just theoretical following a conversation I had with a like minded friend recently. I did manage to spend some time on it a couple of months ago but really need uninterrupted sessions to  progress, which I won't have for a while as my wife has recently had a total knee replacement, and I'm acting as fetch and carry boy/cook etc!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

nocentelli

Sorry to hear that, hope she's on the mend. I tried the schem you posted a few monthes back but couldn't get a peep out of it. I will keep trying though: The start/stop filter pots are the best thing about the EHX microsynth imo.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

StephenGiles

Quote from: nocentelli on October 11, 2014, 11:17:42 AM
Sorry to hear that, hope she's on the mend. I tried the schem you posted a few monthes back but couldn't get a peep out of it. I will keep trying though: The start/stop filter pots are the best thing about the EHX microsynth imo.

Thanks, apparently it takes 6 weeks before the pain starts to go.