Small stripboard?

Started by simonrichie, October 18, 2014, 10:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonrichie

It looks like the stripboard in this photo http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/TheZonkMachine/ZonkMachineII/DAM%20Site%20pics/GREY_SB66_09.jpg isn't cut from a larger piece, but bought at that size. Does anyone know where I can find these?

-SR

digi2t

Are you sure it vero (stripboard)? Could be perf. RadioShack used to sell that, but you could find loads of that on EBay, in a myriad of sizes.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

StephenGiles

Much cheaper to buy a large piece and break off to smaller size needed.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Crontox102098

Quote from: StephenGiles on October 18, 2014, 11:08:20 AM
Much cheaper to buy a large piece and break off to smaller size needed.

You can use that break off parts to make another smalled sized circuits.
I'm Carlos.

I speak spanish, just in case you do not understand what I say.

greaser_au

The one in the photo is 9x21 holes.    how about this (9x25 hole board)?

(I'd suggest buying a big sheet and cutting it up too!)

david

simonrichie

Thanks all.

Yeah, I'm cutting up the big stuff now, but the particles worry me, plus, how nice it would be to just grab a board that already fits the enclosure perfectly.

I've tried the score-and-snap method, and I've tried the Dremel cutting disc. I don't care for either. What about tin snips? Other methods?

-SR

greaser_au

ok. these may be a little wide then. that was only a quick lookup, there should be more sizes available!

Tinsnips are shears (like scissors) and if you look closely at a PCB/vero edge cut with them you will see a bunch of fractures in the resin.  :( 

david (I'm with the hacksaw-and-file crowd I'm afraid. Sorry, mate!)

merlinb

Quote from: simonrichie on October 18, 2014, 11:33:49 AM
I've tried the score-and-snap method, and I've tried the Dremel cutting disc. I don't care for either. What about tin snips? Other methods?
Junior hacksaw.

UKToecutter

I always scored a deep line with a Stanley knife (track side of course) and then found the board snapped quite easily where I wanted it to.
ShumannPLL BOM
Reserve Boards

nocentelli

Thanks all.

Yeah, I'm cutting up the big stuff now, but the particles worry me, plus, how nice it would be to just grab a board that already fits the enclosure perfectly.

Where are you?

9 rows x 25 holes long seems to be a common size - I buy this stuff for small fuzz builds etc

http://www.bitsbox.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=238_244&products_id=1855

...UK postage is flat £1.75, not sure how much outside the UK, but probably not that steep.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

vigilante397

Quote from: UKToecutter on October 18, 2014, 01:12:01 PM
I always scored a deep line with a Stanley knife (track side of course) and then found the board snapped quite easily where I wanted it to.

That's my cutting method also. I also use a beltsander to sand down the edges of my stripboard so the edges are smooth just like the one in the picture, so that could very well be how he did it.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Ice-9

Thanks all.

-SR

What particles worry you ? you breath more shit in just walking along the street than you would by snapping a little bit of board, unless your dremeling the stuff down 8 hours a day everyday :) stick a mask on.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Focalized

Use a table vice. Score it with the clamped vice as your straight edge and it will snap perfectly. Works with all the materials. Then file it smooth if you want.

Johan

I just line up the holes to the edge of a table and put some weight on the protruding part until it breaks then smooth the edge with a file
J
DON'T PANIC