Good source for 18VDC regulated PSU?

Started by karbomusic, October 19, 2014, 10:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karbomusic

Not having much luck with search due unrelated results for such a term. Anyone have a good source for the following?

18VDC, 500mA minimum, regulated wall-wart w/neg ground. Basically an 18VDC version of a Boss PSA120. I could make one but in this case I'd prefer to buy a few of them and move on. :D

R.G.

Buy two special-designed, quiet, well tested and widely available, inexpensive 9V effects supplies and stack them with a 2:1 cable.

Otherwise, plan on testing the ones you find to be sure they're quiet.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Processaurus

karbomusic

Thanks guys. I guess I'll try the Dunlop one and see how well it does.

J0K3RX

Look up Caline CP-05, not bad

Also have a look at joyo jp-02

I usually just pick up an old 18v laptop supply as they are well regulated and are usually rated at 3 or 4 amps or more...

Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

karbomusic

Quote from: J0K3RX on October 20, 2014, 04:30:44 PM
Look up Caline CP-05, not bad

Also have a look at joyo jp-02

I usually just pick up an old 18v laptop supply as they are well regulated and are usually rated at 3 or 4 amps or more...

Thanks for the info. I saw the Caline yesterday but what I'm looking for is an actual wall-wart because I have a couple of builds for someone else and I wanted to have a few 18VDC adapters around if they wanted to try them. The build runs 9-18VDC so the 18 was both something I wanted to try myself (outside the breadboard) and for the couple fellows who would be getting one of the builds.

Thanks!

EDIT: I noticed the 18V appears to come straight from the wall wart on the Caline and Joyo, so I suppose I could just toss the main unit. Made me giggle.