The Kool-Verb

Started by rring, October 19, 2014, 05:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rring

Nothing exciting here just a FV-1 based reverb. Someone wanted me to build a standalone version of the the reverb that I use in my stomp amp. I thought the pedal design might give someone a cheap laugh. It draws about 30mA and sounds like the stomp amp except you can change the room size.

link to schematic:
https://circuitsaladdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/koolverb.gif

vigilante397

Quote from: rring on October 19, 2014, 05:20:55 PM
Nothing exciting here just a FV-1 based reverb.

Paradox there if ever I heard one. I think it's a great looking pedal, and I've always been impressed with the sounds the FV-1 can kick out. Great looking schematic, great looking pedal. Obviously not the most complicated etch, but more complicated than anything I've ever done, and it looks clean and elegant.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

rring

Yes the FV-1 is a super useful chip - the reverb can be made to sound great.

I just figured lots of people have already done quality designs - and what I am doing has all been done before but I really am having fun etching the pedals!

I finally got around to trying etching this summer and after screwing up the first few times - it has become very straightforward.

Pedal etching is not difficult and I encourage other builders to try it - get the printer I suggested in this post http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=108783.msg992992#msg992992 and a cheap iron.

With the image resist printed - ready to affix,  and an unpainted enclosure - I can etch and inlay and polish a complete pedal in about an hour. If you forget about the paint it can be completed in 15 minutes.

vigilante397

I already have a killer printer, I guess I just haven't got the technique down. Do you mind if I ask what kind of paper you use for the transfer?
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

rring

check out that link for more detail but I use 120g HP laser printer presentation paper. This makes a huge difference and gives excellent, repeatable results.