Sitar effect and Wah, some random titbits

Started by merlinb, October 20, 2014, 10:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merlinb

I came across this supposed sitar effect in a magazine and thought I'd post it here for interest. I have not tried it.

I also measured the frequency response of a Carlsbro / Colorsound wah (uses the same circuit as the CryBaby, go figure).

blackieNYC

Wow - seems like a long way to go to get lo-fi, maybe lose a little sustain.  I love the Jawari, but I wonder if this is less fuzzy.
Now, how to get a pair of Dr Dre Beats inside a BB.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

FUZZZZzzzz

worth a try, but those OC 72 are not easy to optain here and pricey
"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

mac

Quoteworth a try, but those OC 72 are not easy to optain here and pricey

You can use low gain silicons, like MPSA42, but you need to tweak bias a bit.

mac
mac@mac-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install ECC83 EL84

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

PRR

> use low gain silicons

The only critical one is TR1. A Silicon here will not self-leak enough to pass guitar level signals. Try adding 10Meg from Base to the Collector supply rail.

TR2 TR3 are working very "fat" and about "any" transistor will work here.

Earpiece impedance may be semi-fussy. I would suspect 50-100 Ohm jobs were the norm in that day. Lower impedance won't extract much power from TR3, and also won't output much level to the Output. Higher impedance (old-old Sennhauser 2K transducers) may deliver a whopping output and require way-low output pot setting (or may just jam-up from the DC).

Small 45 Ohm speakers used to be common, hunt around.
  • SUPPORTER