LED help w/ foxx tone machine clone

Started by Bandwagonesque, October 24, 2014, 12:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandwagonesque

I have a foxx tone machine clone w/ switchable octave that uses a bi-color LED to discern between regular and octave fuzz modes. I'm having trouble using it live as I go back and forth between both modes and often forget which i've left on when bypassing it only to come back later to deal with some happy accidents. I want to add another LED so the bypass and octave switches have their own, but i'm having trouble as the wiring is different than any wiring diagrams I have on hand to compare it to.

Could someone tell me what i'd have to reroute to add a second LED on there? Heres a diagram as to where everything is as of now. thanks alot for any help.

bluesdevil

Really the best thing to do is just use the standard bypass LED status light and a separate LED that turns on when you switch on the octave. That way the octave light will work even if the bypass light is on or off.
EDIT:
What I'm trying to say is ditch the bi-color LED's and use standard 1 color LED's wired separately on each switch so the Octave will turn on and off in it's own regardless of what the bypass switch is doing. Sorry, I need to get to sleep!
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

antonis

I'm not sure that I understand your diagram but if you want allways to have an optical indication about the status of your effect (regular or octave fuzz) you can wire the bi-colour LED direct to GND and change the status by the boost switch...
(if your switch have unused connections..)

P.S.
Something like the schematics in here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=80534.0;prev_next=next

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..