Building low pass filter for use on subwoofer..

Started by Hav, October 25, 2014, 01:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hav

Hi,

Am looking to build a stomp box or similar effect that that will simply filter everything but the low bass frequencies so I can wire in my subwoofer to my current system. Actually doesn't need to be a stomp box at all, just a box thats always on.

Ideally looking for a vero or PCB layout as i'm still not too good at reading diagrams, although wouldn't mind having a stab at something simple..

Thanks in advance!

SISKO

--Is there any body out there??--

Hav

Thanks sisko but I am hoping there is a simpler solution out there.. this looks like it would do too much for what I'm looking for, which is literally infact similar to what a transparent booster would do, just filtering though only the bass side of things..

Thanks though :-)

Hav

in fact I have an AMZ Mini Booster here from Tagboardeffects, maybe someone could point me into which values i could change to make this into what I'm looking for? if its even possible ?

PBE6

Hav, how exactly would you be setting this up? If you want the sub frequencies to be sent to the sub, and the high frequencies (without sub frequencies) to be sent to another amp, Project 9 above would be perfect - just make a mono version only (only one half of that project) and you're set. If you want the sub frequencies to be sent to a subwoofer and the whole signal (sub frequencies included) to be sent elsewhere, just build a mono version of Project 9 with the "Low" side only, and instead of the "High" side just take a tap off the input buffer.

Hav

Thanks for the reply. So I've never drawn a layout from scratch before, I will have a go and post here to see if it will probably work ? It's going to be the second option - sub freq can be sent everywhere.

Just having a look, I'm not even sure where +ve and -ve would go and what power supply would I use? Total total noob to drawing schems and PCBs. Made quite a few pedals  though..