1st Build Issue, Breadboarding a Dallas RangeMaster (With Pic)

Started by PJ03029174, October 25, 2014, 01:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJ03029174

Hi

I'm trying to build my first pedal and have tried to build it up on a breadboard.
I've drawn it out on DIYLC and was wondering if someone could take a look. I've got a feeling i've got something fundamentally wrong with the positive ground, here are two assumptions i've made

1) The circuit is positive ground, so i've sent all the ground connections to the positive 9v bus
2) The stereo jack ring and sleeve both go to the positive 9v bus

I've included the schematic I've been following from BeavisAudio.com

Unfortunately , I'm not getting any sound through the effect into my amp
I have not added any switch, as far as i know the effect should be on by default.

I'd really appreciate the help

Thanks

davent

Looks as if it connected correctly, i haven't spotted anything amiss, positive on you transistor pinout?

Sometimes the power rails on breadboards are not continuous and jumpers need to be added between sections, have you checked for continuity along the entire length of the breadboard?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

PJ03029174

Thanks for the reply davent, i've just tested continuity and everything was fine.
I've just swapped out the transistor (which tests fine on a DCA55) and put a replacement in. It works great now!
Thanks again