Pickup simulator with high-pass filter

Started by Sickan, November 01, 2014, 02:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sickan

Hello there DIYStompboxes! I recently bought a FatFuzzFactory and want it to work better with other pedals, so I'm building a variant of the AMZ Pickup Simulator (my first build).
What I want instead of the regular low-pass filter is a high-pass filter. I've read around about the difference in wiring high-pass filters and low-pass filters (resistor before/after capacitor), and found this site which brought up different component values. His wiring confuses me tho, so what I need help with is figuring out if my mockup would do the job.

I'm wondering mostly about the 1M resistor, where it should be placed.

(Components include:
TM019 transformer
SPDT Switch
500k Vol pot
3,3nF Cap
1M "Tone" pot
1M Resistor)

Thanks in advance
Sickan

PRR

> the 1M resistor, where it should be placed.

Across the output jack.

However I'm not totally sure which jack is output in your drawing, so there may be other differences from the plan posted on that site.
  • SUPPORTER

Sickan

Quote from: PRR on November 01, 2014, 06:47:12 PM
Across the output jack.
How would that contribute to the high pass?

Quote from: The 'Tight' control threadOK, that's easy enough, but what if you want more bass cut? It can be done, but to retain the typical 500k volume resonant peak characteristics we actually need to change to a 1 Meg volume and add a 1 Meg resistor to the 1 Meg bass cut control. The choice of caps changes slightly too. The point of this is to cut more bass without screwing with the mids too much.
I want the resistor to cut more bass.

This is the wiring he has done (the clockwise one), but his differs from all other wiring diagrams I've seen, so I'm a bit confused!
Is there any difference in having the signal going through the volume knob and the tone knob, compared to the "regular" way of wiring a tone knob?

Quote from: PRR on November 01, 2014, 06:47:12 PM
However I'm not totally sure which jack is output in your drawing, so there may be other differences from the plan posted on that site.
The jack to the right is the output one!

PRR

Start with this:

However we may be trying to do too many things altogether.
  • SUPPORTER