Bazz Fuss with Mods Vero Layout

Started by mwynwood, November 06, 2014, 06:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwynwood

Hi everyone,
I've been messing around with the Bazz Fuss on my breadboard, and made a few basic tweaks.
It's the first time I've designed a Vero Layout from the mess on my breadboard, so I'd like to share it with everyone, and also get some feedback.
Thanks for humouring a n00b!  :icon_lol:
Here it is:
Marcus Wynwood
My Build Blog
MarcusGuitar.com

monksanto

That is a 1n4148/1n914 diode? No collector resister? Got any sound samples? Do you find the voltage sag is useful?

10uF input cap might be ok but output cap maybe should be chopped down to 100nF or something maybe? I dunno, post some sounds!  :P

duck_arse

I rekon you'll get smoke, cobber, if you turn the sag down to 0R. the transistor may want to pass all the current the batttery can supply ..... there needs to be a fixed resistor to limit what the transistor can get it's nasty little paws onto.

and yr output pot. if you are looking at the back of the pot (and there is no shaft drawn, so fair assumption), the top lug, with the "out" connection, is the "ccw" lug. it always goes most-ground when volume controlling. the middle "c" or "w" common or wiper lug is the output, as it is the bit being varied.

your input cap I think is backwards, as it needs a pull-down anti-pop resistor on the free-end, making it more (-) than the base.
don't make me draw another line.

mwynwood

Awesome, thanks so much for the tips guys - super helpful.
Here's version 2 I've put together. It seems to work fine on the breadboard.

How does this look?

Here's a little video of it going, before I made these changes: http://instagram.com/p/vBF-kCGl1Y/
Marcus Wynwood
My Build Blog
MarcusGuitar.com