boss led issue

Started by brokenstarguitar, November 08, 2014, 03:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenstarguitar

Hey guys I need a little help with my boss oc-2. Ive done a few mods to it, nothing huge but now im stuck. Im replacing the stock led with a submini green led assembly, 2.1v, 20ma intensity 2.5mcd. Ive read around nd read that the led resistor can pretty much hold any led. Is this led assembly gonna require me to change the resistor? If so can someone b as kind to tell me exactly what resistor it is nd what value i should put in? Thanks.

PRR

> led resistor can pretty much hold any led

Not 100% true, but 99%.

Either do the research (find the OC-2 schematic); or just try it.

Generally a green replacing a red wants to be less bright (green is higher LED voltage so less resistor voltage and current); however newer LEDs tend to be brighter for the same current, also the eye sees green good.
  • SUPPORTER

brokenstarguitar

I honestly don't think the resistor can hold any led, simply cuz when i hook up the said led, 5 mm, theres no power but when i hook up a 3mm it powers right on. Thats y im thinking i might need to replace the resistor but im still learning how to read them so its a bit confusing thats y i asked if anyone knows what one it is. Im just confused cuz NONE of my 5mm leds light up on the board, they do if i hook them directly to a battery so i know theyre good.

duck_arse

here's 2 images that might shed some light on yr problem .....

a led that doesn't work is either DED or backwards. a led connected to a battery WITH NO RESISTOR will soon be DED if it is not backwards. 3mm or 5mm, the same rules apply. resistors don't have a forward/reverse, batteries do,

*DED = dark emitting diode
don't make me draw another line.

Kipper4

Quote from: duck_arse on November 09, 2014, 08:11:56 AM
here's 2 images that might shed some light on yr problem .....

a led that doesn't work is either DED or backwards. a led connected to a battery WITH NO RESISTOR will soon be DED if it is not backwards. 3mm or 5mm, the same rules apply. resistors don't have a forward/reverse, batteries do,

*DED = dark emitting diode

Where's the Like button?
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...