The Cave Is Moving!

Started by smallbearelec, November 11, 2014, 12:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

All--

For awhile now, we have been preparing a shopping cart to replace the ProStores platform that eBay will be retiring in 2015. We are ready to go live, and are making the change now in order to give ourselves practice with a new back office before "Kristmas Krush".

Our present store will close briefly at 11:45 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Sunday, November 16th. Our new storefront will open on Monday, November 17th at 12:01 a.m. From that time forward, the www.smallbearelec.com URL will take you to the new storefront. The DIY content and reference material will remain available through links on the storefront.

Please be assured that this transition in no way indicates problems with our business; we are healthy, growly and thoroughly busy. This change just has to be done to keep us current with the technology of on-line commerce.

Thanks for supporting us!

Regards
Steve D and The Small Bear Staff

GGBB

The font size is so small - I can barely read anything without zooming my browser.  Was that intentional?
  • SUPPORTER

mth5044

Quote from: GGBB on November 17, 2014, 05:14:03 PM
The font size is so small - I can barely read anything without zooming my browser.  Was that intentional?

Agreed!

But that oxblood knob is dope.

bean

The store looks great. I also agree the font size is kinda small for me. I'm really happy to see the stock list organized alphabetically.

Are the accounts preserved or do we need to re-register? My password seems to not work....or maybe I've just had it in auto-fill for too many years.

EBRAddict

Quote from: bean on November 17, 2014, 08:01:49 PM
The store looks great. I also agree the font size is kinda small for me. I'm really happy to see the stock list organized alphabetically.

Are the accounts preserved or do we need to re-register? My password seems to not work....or maybe I've just had it in auto-fill for too many years.

FYI I just received my MadBeans Naughty Fish PCB and all the links to Small Bear in the PDF build document are now broken. I'm sure it's the same in all the docs.

thelonious

Steve, you probably have folks for this, but if not, I'd be glad to help hack the CSS for the fonts (although it might just be a menu setting somewhere).

smallbearelec

Quote from: thelonious on November 18, 2014, 08:11:41 AM
Steve, you probably have folks for this, but if not, I'd be glad to help hack the CSS for the fonts (although it might just be a menu setting somewhere).

Of necessity, I learned a little about tweaking CSS during the migration of the store. I have enlarged the text size, and I think it is easier to read now.

Because I decided to make the storefront, rather than the DIY area, into our "dashboard", I have to arrange for hosting of the content and will re-work the links. I will get that done ASAP. Other than that, I'm pleased to say that order volume is normal and the system has been stable.

NB: I'm past sitting shiva (mourning) for my Dad and will be back in the shop tomorrow. Thank to all who offered support during this time!

Regards
SD

tubegeek

Steve:

I'm getting a funky display (on Chrome) - after I select a category from the left, the "Current Top Sellers" panel overlaps the upper-right item in the grid of individual products from the category.
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

bean

Quote from: EBRAddict on November 17, 2014, 08:48:38 PM
FYI I just received my MadBeans Naughty Fish PCB and all the links to Small Bear in the PDF build document are now broken. I'm sure it's the same in all the docs.

Thanks for letting me know.

smallbearelec

Quote from: tubegeek on November 19, 2014, 08:51:09 PM
I'm getting a funky display (on Chrome) - after I select a category from the left, the "Current Top Sellers" panel overlaps the upper-right item in the grid of individual products from the category.

I see it that way in IE as well. I will ask the developer how to deal with this.

Frank_NH

New online store worked fine for me - from selection to Paypal!  ;D

The part selection process seems more streamlined now - just need some pictures for some parts which don't have any.   I'm sure improvements (fonts etc.) will come with time.  Thanks for all you do, Steve, and congratulations on the new online store.

(By the way, CTRL + works in Firefox to increase the font size).

GGBB

Quote from: smallbearelec on November 19, 2014, 08:16:44 PM
Of necessity, I learned a little about tweaking CSS during the migration of the store. I have enlarged the text size, and I think it is easier to read now.

Much better - thanks!
  • SUPPORTER