Ghost Echo Tails Weirdness

Started by diablochris6, November 11, 2014, 01:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

I designed a reverb PCB based off of the EQD Ghost Echo and modified it by adding a tails footswitch with a simple shunt. I built it, and it sounds great, but something funny is going on when I turn the effect off...the PT2399 is still adding delay to my signal! The Belton is not coming through though, just the delay chip. If I turn the delay controls all the way down, the effect will go away. This is almost like a semi-tails switch! I wired my footswitch (a DPDT) like so...
Pin1: left switch pad (connects to clean signal)   
Pin2: right switch pad (connects to reverb and delay)
Pin3: Vb (to prevent popping)
If anybody could take a look at the schematic/layout and tell me what I did wrong, I would appreciate it. I would appreciate any suggestions to remedy the issue even more. If nobody has anything to say, I might leave it as an odd quirk to the pedal!

samhay

Your dry signal is still getting to the PT2399 via the DWELL control.
But, the signal then goes through the BTDR, so you should be hearing that too?
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

diablochris6

I figured it was coming in from there. And no, I don't think the Belton is making much noise in bypass mode. If I max out the levels of the reverb and the dwell knob and then bypass the effects, the wash of reverb is gone but the repeats of the PT2399 are still there. There is no discernible difference in sound if I set the reverb controls to zero and press the footswitch a few times. If the dwell knob is also at zero, the repeats go away (of course).

Would a simple option be to create another shunt between C34 and R28 on the same switch as the original shunt?