TSA15 Ibanez amp / Bypass effect loop switch

Started by Psychedelic_Max, November 12, 2014, 04:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychedelic_Max

Hi guys!  I want to install a toggle switch to my TSA15 head so that even if my pedalboard is plugged into the fx loop I can bypasse the FX loop. I habe no clue on how to do this but I guess it can't be this complicated.    Someone told me just to put a jumper cable in between 2 jacks with my toggle along this jumper.  Is this a good Idea?
Help me out guys!
Thanks!

antonis

Quote from: Psychedelic_Max on November 12, 2014, 04:24:45 PM
Someone told me just to put a jumper cable in between 2 jacks with my toggle along this jumper.  Is this a good Idea?
Definately, this is a cheap idea.. :icon_biggrin:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Ripdivot

Plug a true bypass looper into the fx loop of the amp and then plug your pedal board or what ever else you like into that.

Psychedelic_Max

I would really like to have it internally mounted.  I am having a lot of stuff and wires already and I try to shrink that a bit. 

Psychedelic_Max

PRR

• SUPPORTER

imJonWain

• SUPPORTER
TFRelectronics

Psychedelic_Max

I just need to figure out how to actually doing it. the 2 jacks are pcb mounted.  :icon_rolleyes:

PRR

> jacks are pcb mounted

You must cut one trace, solder 2 wires to jack blobs, and one wire either to the blob where it goes out to the tube or directly to the trace.

And know which blob is which and which jack is which. (Yes the jacks are labeled but I can get it wrong 2 falls out of 3.)

It is electrically "simple", but may be HARD to sort out the right points and the soldering skill.
  • SUPPORTER

Psychedelic_Max

I will take it appart next week and take some decent pictures of the jacks.  This might help out.

PRR

Also if the wires to the switch go ANYwhere near the power tubes, OT, or the power switch in front, you will have trouble. I would look at shielded wire to a switch next to the INput jack at front... not so logical but probably clean signal.
  • SUPPORTER

Psychedelic_Max

Wow! Thanks for your help! I am new to this forum but I have been reading it for a long time. Now I decided to get hands on my gear and I believe this place will really be nice!

PRR

Some of that PDF does not agree with itself.

However the FX Send/Out and Return/In jacks are clear to you. It seems to be two jacks on a board on leads, so maybe you can pull it out. It seems to have three resistors, which will help you navigate.

• SUPPORTER