Sorry for server down time

Started by aron, November 12, 2014, 07:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

Working it out. It's ironic because it's mainly due to the backups.

thelonious

Hey Aron, for the time and $ you spend keeping this forum running, you deserve a big

(or maybe as Rob might say,
)

R.G.

Yes, that's more like it - thank you for the UP time.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

nate77

Agreed. I spend so much time here and have learned so much that on the very rare occasion it's down, I don't know what to do with a good portion of my time. It really puts in perspective how much myself and so many others rely on this for all it offers. Thank you for keeping it going.

composition4

PRR

> it's down, I don't know what to do

I drained my tractor and replaced all the coolant hoses.

If there's another downtime I can wire the heater fan (it's DIY electricity!) and replace broken windows.
  • SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Quote from: nate77 on November 12, 2014, 10:32:29 PM
Agreed. I spend so much time here and have learned so much that on the very rare occasion it's down, I don't know what to do with a good portion of my time.

Also. I get bored after about 5 minutes on Facebook, but I can poke around here for hours without even noticing time pass. Much more pleasant people to be around here (even though the people there are my "friends" whom I added willingly) as well. I will always be grateful for the glorious up time, as I can't imagine this site is profitable at all so it can't be easy to keep going, but is still able to be a remarkably useful resource. I probably learned more in my first week on here than I did my first semester studying EE in university.

Thanks to Aron and everyone who makes this site amazing. If you or anyone else is ever in the eastern Idaho area I will seriously buy you a drink.

Seriously.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Johan

After browsing the forum for 10 plus years it can only be a good thing to step away from the computer for a day or two....
DON'T PANIC

antonis

Am I the only one in Europe who didn't notice a down time..??  ???

(or my refresh time is bigger than the server down time..??) :icon_lol:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

~arph

Crowella

Looks like other forums I visit have a similar issue at the moment. Thanks for the fix!  ;D I can go back to lurking now.
Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you

Mark Hammer

I figure it's like showing up to a favourite music or electronics store to see a sign on the window "Sorry, closed today for taking inventory".  It happens.

duck_arse

I'm glad I missed this last down time. next time I hit a down time, I'm going to go over to PRR's and look at his tractor.

+1 on aron thanks.
don't make me draw another line.

Kipper4

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Frank_NH

Thanks for all you do.  :)   I'm a relative newcomer to DIY pedals, but this forum (and particularly the very valuable archives!) has been very educational for me. 

aron

wavley

Quote from: duck_arse on November 13, 2014, 08:43:21 AM
I'm glad I missed this last down time. next time I hit a down time, I'm going to go over to PRR's and look at his tractor.

+1 on aron thanks.

Yep, next time there's down time I'm going to PRR's and challenging him to a tractor pull.  See ya there!

Danged straight Aron, keep up the fantastic work!
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Perrow

My family thanks thee for the down time.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

bluebunny

Woo hoo!  We're back!

Missed you guys yesterday...
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

...... I hate "error at line 54 code php" goobeldy whatever so much .....
don't make me draw another line.