A/B/C/D signal router has faulty schematics.

Started by Loopinit, November 14, 2014, 10:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loopinit

1.I built an "A/B/C/D Signal Router from Road Rage Pro Gear.

2.This is the page where the product was bought from.>    http://roadrageprogear.com/abcd_pedal.html

3.I have uploaded a PDF of the unit here.>    http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/11/15/rrpg-abcd-pedal-3/

4.I followed the layout exactly as the manual asked me to.

5.I think it is a negative grounded device.

6.The pedal was supposed to have 4 inputs with 1 output, or you could reverse it for 4 outputs and 1 input.  I am interested in using it as 4 inputs for my looping rig.  The pedal is allowing the LED's to light up when I stomp the 3DPT switches, but it is not allowing audio signal to go through into my next pedal in the signal chain.

7. I checked for continuity throughout the circuit, everything emitted a signal when the 3DPT switches were engaged.

What gives?  Why is this pedal not working?

Loopinit

So I noticed that page 5 of Road Rages Schematics shows (A) out jack on the same side as the (A) out 3DPT switch.

Yet, page 6 shows  (D) out jack in the same place that (A) out jack was on page 5.

This most assuredly means their schematic is suspect no?

Can anyone here study said schematic and offer me a wiring solution before I try to figure it out myself?

I contacted Road Rage, but have yet to receive an answer.

Loopinit

This schematic looked as if it was to be looked at from bottom up.  It seems they intended it to be viewed from top down.

I am going to have to resolder all components as if I was looking at pedal from top down.

PRR

I'm disorientated.

They say this will happen.

"As you work through the kit remember that you are working on the pedal upside down/inside out so you might get disorientated as to what goes where. All the instructions are from your point of view as you look into the enclosure."
  • SUPPORTER

Loopinit

Quote from: PRR on November 15, 2014, 12:58:50 AM
I'm disorientated.

They say this will happen.

"As you work through the kit remember that you are working on the pedal upside down/inside out so you might get disorientated as to what goes where. All the instructions are from your point of view as you look into the enclosure."

So when they said, "your point of view", I took that to mean the one I would have when installing wiring.  Maybe they should have been more clear, something along the lines of, "your point of view when looking THROUGH the top of the pedal".

Sigh.......off I got to resolder the ENTIRE unit.

Loopinit

Okay,

The pedal works thoroughly now, and I am well on my way to understanding simple circuits.  Now I'm off to put a 5 way on my Telecaster.

R.G.

Fire... ready... aim.

And may the force be with you.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.