Uglyface LFO stand alone??????

Started by brokenstarguitar, November 28, 2014, 08:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenstarguitar

I need alittle help. I purchased the uglyface pcb from musicpcb.com and I want to add the LFO but I cant seem to find the layout of just the LFO on a separate board. Anyone know where I can find it? Im finding pictures but nothing close enough to know the component values or traces. Thanks guys!

nocentelli

It's the LFO from the tremulous lune, you could build it on a bit of vero or perform and hook it up to the uglyfqce with a switch.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

belyheart

Grindcustomsfx.com

They have a daughter lfo board that you can use on a variety of projects. They also make a ugylface pcb with the lfo.

brokenstarguitar

So i can pretty much use any LFO? Nd ive seen the schematics for the tremulous lune but i cant isolate the values nd components for the lfo.

brokenstarguitar

Is it possible to put the uglyface in one enclosure nd the lfo in another? Or do the need to b in the same enclosure? I know these r dumb questions but im new to building, sorry.

nocentelli

You could use separate enclosure and have a jack output from the LFO and a switching jack input for the LFO going into the uglyface. Not sure of the benefit of that, though.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

brokenstarguitar

Just thinking the lfo could be used as a separe effect on other pedals, not just the uglyface.

brokenstarguitar

Ok im gonna use this one in the link. Just a few questions about it though. How would i connect the 2 boards, like the wiring? Im not putting it on a stompswitch but a toggle. And what does the "X"s in the circles coming off the vactrol, L1, L2, coming off of pin 5 and the other 2 mean? Also, i see where the depth amd rate pots go but i dont see a volume. Where would i put that? Any information would help. Thanks guys!

brokenstarguitar

Im such an idiot. I just now noticed, hours later, that i didnt add the link for my last post. So how would i get any help from anyone? Lmfao. Again, whats the "X"s in the circles mean? Led? And I also have another question about it. Where does lug 1 on the Rate pot go, power in? Thanks. Heres the link

http://www.grindcustomsfx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=391

kaycee

Hi, the circles with  the X in on the schematic relate to the board connections on the PCB, so for the LDR sit the two legs (doesn't indicate polarity though) and the triangle of them below relates to a SPDT switch, it's showing the pole connections. The rate pot lug 1 isn't connected to anything, the pot acts as a variable resistor.

brokenstarguitar

Oh ok. I rhink i understand. What about a volume pot? Could i add one? Nd how? Where would i wire it to?

mth5044

The LFO does have a 'volume' pot of sorts already. It's the depth pot. LFO's aren't something that you really don't want to be audible and aren't a stand alone effect. They send a wobbly voltage to another part of a circuit the control it. In this case, it's sending a wobbly voltage to an LED that lights up and down and changes the resistance in an LDR. The resistance change happens somewhere in the Uglyface - wherever you put it.

If you are talking about volume for the uglyface; it has one already.