Adding More Gain to OCD v3

Started by rthryhorysak, December 14, 2014, 11:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rthryhorysak

I would like to put in a pair of silicon diodes into the OCD v3. I don't have a schematic, but were would I put in the diodes? (I know the transistors are acting as diode, I just want MORE!)

PBE6

Here's a schematic:

The gate and the drain of each FET are tied together, so the diodes should be connected between where the source and gate/drain are now.

Elijah-Baley

Just a simple solution: maybe you could have more gain replacing the resistors of the switch low/high mode.  ???
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

antonis

Propably there is some kind of misunderstood between amp gain and diode clipping...

If you want more GAIN (leading to clipping or not..) you have to change the 150k/39k ratio..

If you want more CLIP (harder..) you have to replace the MosFets with GE diodes (like 1N34A)

P.S.
Adding diodes for clipping simply raise the clipping voltage resulting in more "headroom" for undistorted singnal (SOFT)..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..