Coming soon to runoffgroove.com: Thunderbird

Started by B Tremblay, December 15, 2014, 05:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: K Zustang on April 06, 2015, 01:24:45 AM
Check your voltages.
It might be the charge pump which is a little sensitive if you do soldering work while the chip is mounted.

I had all the chips pulled out when I did my re-soldering.

I'm using a TC1044SCPA charge pump. I can't find the recommended chip down here in Aus, Tayda didn't have them and it was going to cost me close to AU$20 to buy it one off from OS. Could this be the source of the hiss?

I think I killed one of the 1N5819s when I re-flowed. The spec sheet says they are quite temperature sensitive.

Here's the plan....The Audio probe will tell all. I'll just find where the signal stops and replace parts accordingly. I'll check the op-amps outputs first and see which stage the problem starts at.

When I put her back together I'll use shielded wiring on the in  and out.

If I still get a bit of hiss then I'll just live with it.

After all I do use a single coil guitar and a tube head. They naturally make a whole lot more noise than the pedal did.

I'm still kicking myself for not just leaving the @#**@ thing alone when it worked.
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected stompbox machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the MIDI-controller!

K Zustang

Bought 3 pcs of the LT1054 charge pump.
I can send you one if you send me your address.

Will be glad to trade for something else if possible but not critical.

Buzz

Quote from: K Zustang on April 06, 2015, 02:36:42 PM
Bought 3 pcs of the LT1054 charge pump.
I can send you one if you send me your address.

Will be glad to trade for something else if possible but not critical.

That would be great. Fair being fair I would prefer a trade. I have a good stock of parts here. Anything you are particularly after?

I have some 2SK246 jfets here. For my skill level and intentions they have no particularly special properties. I've reserved a couple for HOTTUBES  when he replies to his post in the store section.

They are NOS with full legs. Nice if you like to use original part numbers when doing up old pedals. If I recall correctly Boss used them as switching Fets in their pedals in the classic Japan originals. Cost me about a buck fifty each AU. I can send you a couple of those.

edit : They are very hard to find nowadays. You could get a tenner each for them on ebay I reckon. Just not my style to do that.
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected stompbox machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the MIDI-controller!

Buzz

Buzz

Deal done and new friend made. Man I love this site.

Buzz

Hi Zustang, got the chip yesterday, cheers mate it turned up in good order.  :icon_smile:

K Zustang

Glad to hear that!
Hope your build comes out great!