Quick question: OP2134PA equivalents? OP275, 4558, TL072, 5532? All ok?

Started by chumbox, December 18, 2014, 07:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chumbox

HI all,

Did a quick search and found a bit of what I was looking for but just needed a little more clarification that all these chips will work fine if I want to pop them in and out of a Blackcat OD-1 circuit?  I understand they will sound marginally different.

Thanks in advance
:)

StephenGiles

I'm not quite sure what your answer was from that link, but nobody mentioned the individual's hearing which can have a massive bearing on the amount of noise is "perceived". As I've said before, I use a "whatever comes out of the box" policy, although I think one or two old EH units demanded the LM 324 for certain functions!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

chumbox

Thanks Stephen.  I was mostly looking for whether I could just swap out any of the ICs and they would work (give or take any perceived noise difference).

I like you box policy.
:)

antonis

As long as TL07X (low noise) or TL08X (low current) series are commercial availiable, honestly I can't find a reason for searching "substitutes" - at least for use in pedals..
(even for JRC4558 - without any intention to nip in designer's choises..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

snap

Quote from: antonis on December 19, 2014, 07:26:52 AM
As long as TL07X (low noise) or TL08X (low current) series are commercial availiable, honestly I can't find a reason for searching "substitutes" - at least for use in pedals..
(even for JRC4558 - without any intention to nip in designer's choises..)
the TL06X are the low current ones!