Good CLEAN CHANNEL amp and speaker sim out?

Started by Voltron, December 18, 2014, 07:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltron

Hey guys,.

I have a friend that is always in situations where there's just a PA system. Only thing available was a Behrionger amp sim pedal that he doesn't like. Not beacuse it's behringwr but he says it's more like a distortion pedal and doesn't have a very good clean setting that works with his delays, reverbs, whatever pedals. Actually he likes it as a distortion unit.

Anyways. I remember there was lots of amp sim pedals based on JFETs from runoffgroove, I rememebr they had a cab sim too called hotdog or something... can't really find it.

I think I can tweak one of the amp JFET desings to work as a clean channel (as I recall they all were overdrive channel based), add a tone stack the cab sim a couple buffers and should do pretty good.

Is there already any available design around with all these features togheter?

ALL help and suggestions wellcome!.

chumbox

Hey Voltron

I built a ROG Professor Tweed with their Condor Cab sim at one point for a friend.  Super clean, a little twangy and sounded great if you like a fender vibe.  Think there is some mods on that page from memory about turning the Condor into more of a Marshall cab sim too with more bottom end.

Good stuff.

Voltron

Hey Chumbox, thanks for the suggestion.

How good is the input of the Tweed profesor? how good it does with effects at the input?

My friend only uses a handfull pedals, i think some boss overdrive, a danelectro analog delay and a boss reverb. Seems like the behringer amp sim screws him when using delay and/or reverb.

I guess the dynamic range squashes down when using those effects at the input with that pedal.

Do you know if there is something like the tweed prof. but based on a marshall clean channel?. For some reason my friend likes a lot the clean channel on his Marshall Valvestate. ( I think it's a 80W combo from early 90's ).

chumbox

I only tested the tweed with a couple of overdrives which were fine, beyond that I can't say sorry but I imagine it would be ok.

If you just on the ROG page and look under schematics you'll see theirs a Marhshall Eighteen and the Thor (kind of a Marhsall 100W lead).  They're not clean channels per say but just turn down the gain.

I know there is vero layouts of most ROG projects if you google them.

Johan

The valvestate  series schematics are available online at dr tube. The clean channel is pretty simple and there is a speaker sim built in ( labelled line out).
J
DON'T PANIC