Vero Wah Circuit

Started by 01downer, December 20, 2014, 03:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

01downer

Hi

Could someone please post a picture or link me to a site that shows how to make a gcb95 crybaby circuit board using vero? I love wah pedals and would like to try building my own
I tried the guitarfx layout site but didnt see anything on there about the gcb95 circuit

Thank you very much to all that can help point me in the right direction!

mitchelr

Why not just Google it

Google   gcb95 vero

and click images

digi2t

^
What he said.

Since Christmas is so close, here you go...

• SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

01downer

Thank you very much sir. And yes, im sorry for not giving google a go at it before i asked

Heres my other issue that i would gladly pay one of you guys if you would email me your pp email along with a diagram

I know tons of mods for various pedals but have never built a pedal before. So since this will be my first time i will gladly pay someone if they will draw me a bonehead simple diagram of what component and where at on that component each wire attaches to before it attaches to the board using the diagram above.
Example: what components and where at on those components do wah wire 1 and wah wire 2 connect to etc... for all the wires

I would also like to add a power adapter jack as well

Ive got 3pdt switches
1/4" mono and stereo jacks
Joe gagan 100k solder lug pot
Some adapter jacks

Anyone kind enough to help me out with my first build?

Thanks very much to all of you that are willing to help! I appreciate it very much

01downer

No one is willing to draw me up a diagram even for money?

Guess i will learn the hard way and randomly hookup wires until it works

Thanks for the picture digi2t

canman

I'm not sure I understand what you want...are you just trying to find out where the wires go for the standard build, or are you trying to mod the circuit before you've built it?

01downer

I would just like a picture showing where each wire coming from the board hooks up to what component and where at on that given component

For example: wah wire 1 goes to 3rd lug of pot etc...
A picture diagram showing that or either a watered down idiot simple to follow instructions

Thats what i need. Its my first time building a pedal. I can handle the boards on the components i just have no clue where the wires coming off the board hookup to

canman

Are you going to be using that layout posted above?

If so, Wah 1 refers to lug 1 of the Wah pot, and Wah 2 refers to lug 2 of the wah pot.  So, what you do is hook up a wire from that row on the stripboard (the last hole, right by where the writing is) and then connect that wire to the lug of the pot its referring to.

You'll also notice, on the bottom left of the layout, you can see further instructions.  So Wah 3 (lug three of the 100k hotpotz) goes to output (the tip lug of the output jack).

Make sense?

01downer

Ground wire would go to ground of output jack
Output wire would go to hot of output jack
9v hot to battery sleeve of input stereo jack
Input wire to positive lead of input jack and ground wire from input jack in the same hole or 1 hole up from the other ground wire coming off the stripboard?

Im sure im completely wrong and sound like an idiot but its my first time ever trying to build a pedal

Focalized

Very good layout with easy to follow wiring.  You can fit it on to the long screws in most wah cases. You'll have to adapt the inductor to fit as the leads are usually too far apart to fit here.

Look up any 9v wiring to add the power jack.

canman

Quote from: 01downer on December 20, 2014, 10:58:46 PM
Ground wire would go to ground of output jack
Output wire would go to hot of output jack
9v hot to battery sleeve of input stereo jack
Input wire to positive lead of input jack and ground wire from input jack in the same hole or 1 hole up from the other ground wire coming off the stripboard?

Im sure im completely wrong and sound like an idiot but its my first time ever trying to build a pedal

You're close...the ground wire CAN connect to the ground of the output jack, as long as the output jack ground is connected to the 9v jack/battery snap ground.  You DON'T want to connect 9v hot to the battery sleeve of the input stereo jack.  If your'e using only one source of 9v power, you won't need a stereo input jack.  The stereo input is if you want a battery snap in addition to a DC jack.

Input wire goes to the tip (hot, as you put it) lug of the input jack, likewise for output (output goes to tip/hot lug of output jack).
9v+ (hot, as you put it) goes to the + lug of the DC jack OR red wire of the battery snap, depending on how you want to power it.

And yes, if there are extra holes in the ground strip on the stripboard, you can use those for ground connections.  As long as your ground connections are all connected somehow, you're good.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions!  

01downer

Thank you very much canman! Thats all i was needing to know
If you pm me pp address I'm happy to keep my word and give you a few dollars for writing that out for me

tacobender

I was thinking, if your going to go threw the trouble to build a wah, wouldn't you wana build something that sounds a little better than a dunlop era crybaby? You know something you can't buy on Craigslist for 20 bucks. To each his own i guess. But i second the clyde mccoy idea!

01downer

Im not planning on building it with those same exact components and values. I have my own cap resistor transistor preferences that i like. I just wanted to build the circuit up and wire regular jacks etc.... not just take out things on a premade board and put my own things in it

Learning where each of the wires went was what i was needing help with. Definitely not going to be using the stock components: )

canman

Nah, no need for payment...that's what's so great about forums like this.  We all have to start somewhere, I'm happy to help any way I can!

01downer

Thank you canman. I really appreciate it