problem with fuzz face layout?

Started by tacobender, December 21, 2014, 03:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacobender

So i want to build this fuzz face, but im a beginner and im taking pop shots in the dark. So far this one looks good, but the +9v dosent seem to feed into the circuit.  Seems to me its missing a link somewhere. Any help is appreciated. http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=579&g2_serialNumber=3

antonis

If the circuit is designed for a Positive Ground, it's OK..

(if not, you will short-circuit the batery when you'll insert the In male jack - if you'll use a metall enclosure or if you'll connect it with other effects..) :icon_wink:

P.S.
You may consider the +9V as GND tracing the circuit but - after a quick inspection -  I think it's OK...
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

tacobender

Yes, i know for sure its posative ground, so i guess that makes sense. It just looks a little funny, they could have put a grounding lug on it or something.  So the blue wire running parallel to the +9, running to the input would also be a ground?

slacker

The circuit is using a stereo input jack to disconnect the battery when nothing is plugged in. The brown wire going to J1 is ground, the blue wire goes to the ring connection of the jack socket, when you plug a mono jack in it connects the ring to the sleeve connecting the blue and brown wires and completing the circuit for the battery. When you unplug the jack in breaks the connection so the battery doesn't drain when you're not using the pedal.

tacobender

Ahh, i get it now. Awesome, thanks for the input. Time to build this little bastard :icon_mrgreen: