Need some recommendations

Started by bloxstompboxes, December 27, 2014, 10:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Check with Joe Gagan about setting you up with the wah bits and pieces you'll need for a killer machine.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: Jdansti on March 08, 2015, 06:14:42 PM
The Tayda inductors are way too small for a wah. Check out Small Bear and other suppliers of pedal parts. Search Google on "Wah inductor".

Derp. Yeah I should have done that. We have some at work but they look almost nothing like these. They are about the same size though. Not sure of the value.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

bloxstompboxes

Forgot to mention the enclosure arrives tomorrow. Picked up and empty 1977 Jordan Vibrasonic Pedal enclosure from ebay for $16.66 plus shipping. Still has the pot but no other guts. I have no knowledge of that brand's quality or there pedals but it has my daughter's name on it, so I figured why not. I thought it would be a good wah enclosure to start with.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

bloxstompboxes

So I haven't done the wah yet but here is a phaser. It's the Casualty 4 MKII phaser. It's also a few firsts for me. It's the first phaser, first 4 IC self drawn layout, and first top mounted jack setup. I had a few issues with it though. I couldn't find a way to get all the pot locations to be on the top of the board and fit a 125B enclosure. Most ended up on the side of the board. I also got distracted when making the decal and got my pot names flipped from left to right so I ended up having to lengthen one pot's wires and rotate the board 180deg. It was either that, or lengthen all of them and have the wires overlap each other like mad, or redo the paint and decal. It's still a mess under the board but it seems to work fine. The knobs are a little close to the switch at the bottom but it's just for me anyway. I'm liking it!