Sisyphus Strut - Echo Base with effects loops

Started by mcasemo, January 08, 2015, 03:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasemo

I posted this over in madbean, thought i would cross-post here for a first post.

This is my second echo base build, i wanted to make one with a mix pot and effects loops.  I almost gave up on this one, whenever I go off the normal build instructions and try to add features, it gets ugly.  But I finally got this one working with help from slacker and Gila_Crisis. 

I wanted the effects loops A and C (i think they are labeled in a figure floating around) switchable.  So they are the loops where the first repeat is effected.  One loop only goes through once, the other keeps sending it.

My brother is an English major and I grew up hearing about Camus and the Myth of Sisyphus, and i guess it stuck.  Sisyphus has to push the rock up the mountain, then it falls down the other side, and he has to keep doing this for eternity.  Camus said we must imagine Sisyphus happy in the Myth of Sisyphus.  So I made Sisyphus doing the only fun thing i could think of that involves moving heavy objects, bowling.  The "Strut" is a homage to The Meter's song Cissy Strut, which certainly has no delay effects, but who cares.  Clear water slide decal on bare aluminum.

Wiring is pretty bad, there were a lot of redo's.  I had all the wires at good lengths, but just gave up trying to make it clean when i had trouble making the loops work.  If anyone is interested, below is my powerpoint cryptic note slide

mcasemo

Update on this one in case anyone is making these mods.   I'm having an issue with the feedback/oscillating.  The issue is that when i disengage it with tails on, it will start oscillating sooner than it would while engaged.  it has a greater tendency to self oscillate when disengaged.  For instance, if i have a repeat going that is dying out, hit the bypass, then it start growing.  Or it is quiet, but feedback turned up reasonably, switch it off, then the oscillations start coming.

Ian drew up some suggested fixes for op amp mixer, If I get it working (on the back burner now), i'll post the changes.

Just wanted to let anyone know if anyone is trying them.

cheers,
mark