Adapter for channelswitching Blackstar HT5?

Started by kazzee, January 13, 2015, 04:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazzee

Hi everyone!

I just got a Blackstar HT5 head. The older version I think since it lacks built in reverb. I also have gotten a Moen GEC9 looper to control my pedalboard from. It has loops that can be used as triggers to swith amp channels etc. Both a normally closed and a normally open output.

However, I can not get it to work when I plug it in either way. When I activate the output loop that should trigger the channel switch, the amp does switch. But when I deactivate that loop, the channel stays on the OD-channel. If I then activate the loop again, then amp changes back.

From what I gather, the GEC9 sends a latching signal, thus activating a switch when the loop is active and then lets go when the loop is deactivated. And the amp has a momentary switch, as it seems this older HT5 model has. That might have changed to the newer models.

Does this conclusion seem correct, and how can I work around this issue? The GEC9 lacks Midi out, so that is not an option. What kind of adapter/relay do I need to get or build? Is there anything readymade for this use or is it just to build something DIY? As my electronics skills are not the best, id like an easy fix.  ;)

best regards
Anders