Twin mono jacks

Started by plevacon, January 13, 2015, 11:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plevacon

Hey all,

I'm new to the wonderful world of diystompboxes and am seeking help regarding wiring twin mono jacks.
As the pedals I intend to build will remain on a board, there is no need to use a stereo input or 9v battery snap.

How would I go about wiring the mono jacks? Searching only bring up offboard diagrams for stereo inputs including all of the above.

Any help you can provide this noob would be awesome!

plevacon

And I've just realised that this should have been posted in the general section..

GGBB

Welcome.

Just ignore the ring connection of the stereo input jack which is for battery negative.  Everything else will be the same.
  • SUPPORTER

Processaurus

You can wire your 9v DC jack like this:

Just ignore the lug labeled "To Battery +" in the picture.  Just leave that one empty.

Brisance

Also when your ground is negative, you can wire the negative power terminal through the input ring connector so when there's no cable, there's no power consumption.

induction

Quote from: Brisance on January 16, 2015, 02:23:18 AM
Also when your ground is negative, you can wire the negative power terminal through the input ring connector so when there's no cable, there's no power consumption.

That doesn't really work with adapters. They consume power whenever they are plugged into the mains, whether they have a load or not.